Some of the best shows and programs to watch on television are live events that take you right right into the middle of the action as it happens. Live TV makes you more than just a spectator but a witness to history as it unfolds. Sports, concerts, competitions, news and other events are best watch along with the rest of the world. Now you can get into the thick of the action through your computer.
Whether you are rooting for your favorite football team or enjoying your favorite band's latest concert tour, you can now watch live television on your computer, not just on your TV. To be able to watch live TV on your computer, here are some of the basic equipments you need.
1. Hardware: Your computer must have a RAM of at least 256MB, a hard disk with a capacity of 80GB, a 1.3GHz processor, sound card and a television tuner card. The tuner card is necessary for your computer to receive signals from TV channels. Tuner cards come in a wide range of features; some even allow you to record TV shows and lets you build up your own collection of TV programs on your computer's hard disk.
2. Software: Your computer should have compatible software installed such as multimedia players. The most basic software may include media players and codecs that will let you view TV content seamlessly. There is also software you can download from the internet that lets you directly watch live TV on your computer through your browser. There are dozens of websites that offer TV content you can watch anytime. Most of the leading TV stations typically offer video clips of their TV shows on their websites, with an option to subscribe for more TV content.
3. Dish Antenna: You will need a dish antenna, angled at the right degree depending on your geographical location. The dish antenna acts as a receiver of the TV signals that will be transmitted to your computer at the bet quality. The dish antenna acts as a reception device which receives the TV airwaves and then transmits them directly to the tuner card installed in your computer.
4. Cables: Of course, you will need cables to connect your digital TV antenna dish to your computer's USB port. It is recommended to use only the best quality cables to ensure the high quality viewing experience.
5. TV format compatibility: Your computer must be compatible with the different international TV formats such as PAL, NTSC and others. By ensuring compatibility, you can watch any TV show from anywhere in the world in your computer. Making your computer compatible with the latest TV formats ensures that you get the freshest TV content, even from foreign TV stations. …