The SEO Test introduced here is a free website assessment method that enables you to see how well a website has been optimized for search engines. You do not have to buy any software to perform this SEO Test!
Such a free website assessment can be transported out based on various search engine optimization standards. You examine the features of a website that are important for search engines. Let's begin now.
Major SEO Test Categories
To find out how well a website has been optimized for search engines, we should examine the major areas of that website: Google Page Rank, Alexa Rank, Indexation, Link Popularity, Meta Description, Meta Keywords, Keyword Density, etc.
Tools for Free Website Assessment
Like I've said earlier, this website evaluation is free and you do not have to buy a software. To be able to launch this task, you need some tools that are easily available on the internet. Therefore, take the following 2 steps to equip yourself for this SEO Test:
1. Download Firefox Browser with Google Toolbar if you do not have it.
2. Download the following add-ons for Firefox: Search Status and SeoQuake.
Firefox is a great web browser developed by Mozilla. It's fast, secure and customizable to your search engine optimization activities online. There are a large number of add-ons for Firefox that could enrich your web browsing experience. As you want to perform a free website assessment, I've only selected these two to show you how it can be done.
Search Status and Seo Quake are two exciting add-ons which could help you perform this SEO Test you have ahead of you. When installed, you can activate them both so that you can see them on your toolbar.
How to Start Your FREE Website Assessment
Now, let's start checking out the results by one of the add-ons and then go to the other one. Let's begin the SEO Test by learning from Search Status toolbar.
Go to the homepage of the website which you want to test. When loaded, move the cursor onto the Search Status toolbar and right clock on Search Status logo. The opened task menu has got a list. What you need to check on for your SEO Test are:
* Google Page Rank – It's a graphic indicator up in the toolbar of your Firefox browser which shows some rank between 0 and 10 for each page of the website.
* Alexa Rank – It's a number which show the amount of traffic that this website receives. The higher the traffic, the lower the number. For example, Yahoo's Alexa Rank is 1.
* Indexation – Task Menu: Show Indexed Pages> All. Function: It opens three tabs at the same window of your Firefox browser in which you'll find the indexation of that webpage in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
* Link Popularity – Task Menu: Show Backward Links> Page> All. Function: It shows the number and address of the pages that have linked to this page …