The success of an online business depends on its website's position in search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. The higher the link at the top of the search results page, the more the users will visit the page. Here, it is very important to get the highest possible rank for such businesses in the search engines. The most important way to get a higher rank is link building, which is the most challenging issue for Search Engine Optimization and it needs to be effective in terms of performance as well as long term benefits.
Here are the most popular link building techniques that lead to success:
1. Lists – People do not have time to waste. Everyone requires all vital information in an easy and quick manner. The best way to reach people quickly is by preparing lists. For example,
· Create a '100' or '101' list
· Create '10 easy tips to help you 'list
· Create a 'top 10' list
2. Infographics – Stating your content through visuals is the fastest way to connect the audience to your link. It is eye-catchy as well as interesting and takes less time to understand as compared to the written message.
3. Blogs – Start a blog by posting good content regularly. Link to other blogs from your blog. Comment on other blogs. This will help bloggers notice you.
4. Free gifts & contests – Give away free stuff to selected bloggers. Launch a contest with a big prize that is open for all. Launch a bloggers contest which asks them to write about the product or service and the lucky one will get a prize. You can even offer free samples in exchange of feedback.
5. Sponsor and seller – Become a sponsor for all kinds of charities, contests, and conferences. Sell items on online shopping sites and donate the profits to charities. This will make you noticeable and gain you links.
6. Tags – Tag your content on other related sites. If people find your tagged content interesting, it may lead them to follow your site. Ask your friends to tag your content too. If your site gets on the front page of other well-known sites, hundreds of bloggers will notice you and get to your link. Write about popular in-news topics and you will definitely be noticed.
7. Question groups – Ask or answer questions on Yahoo Answers or Google Groups and provide your website links wherever relevant.
8. Wikipedia – Create your own page on Wikipedia or get your link directly or indirectly added in any of its topics.
10. Surveys – Perform surveys and studies that will make people feel important. They will in return do the marketing of your site for free.
11. Get in the news – Organize a press conference. Make it good and large enough to get in the news. Submit it to the media and journalists, …