Tips for Creating an Effective & Efficient Website Homepage
1. The top categories of your website should be visible. Make sure that they stand out.
2. Include sub categories, which are relevant to the top categories on your website.
3. Your message and/or motto should be informative, engaging and memorable.
4. Users should know what your website is about on the Homepage.
5. Create content, which is unique & contains valuable information.
“My rule of thumb is build a site for a user, not a spider.”
Important Elements that you Should Consider While Planning your Website:
Your website is your gateway to reaching customers and gaining a loyal audience. There are two really important elements, which should be checked before the development and designing of a website. For starters, your website should be user friendly. Visitors and users should be able to navigate throughout your website with ease. Secondly, always keep in mind that your website will be essential in the way people will find your services and/or products.
The most important page on a website is the Homepage, as this will be the first page that visitors and users usually stumble upon during searches on different search engines. If your website’s Homepage is designed in a user friendly fashion – it is more than likely that users and/or visitors will navigate through other pages of your website.
Navigation layout and/or design is paramount to the success of your website, as users are often put off by web pages that aren’t user friendly. Arrange categories in a way, that will make it simple for users and for customers to browse through. Also, make sure that your website loads promptly, as slow loading website can be detrimental to your website.
Use Friendly SEO Urls:
On websites, create pages that are clear and that describe each topic, product or service. SEO friendly websites go hand in hand with the development and design of the website. Be sure to utilize SEO friendly urls.
• An unfriendly URL is a URL with irrelevant characters. Avoid using characters that do not pertain to the page’s topic. An example of an unfriendly and irrelevant URL would contain characters that do not include the brand name or subject of the web page. Unfriendly urls, can also, contain characters such as:!,#,% and other symbols and/or letters, that do not pertain to your web page. Do not use these formats.
• An SEO friendly URL, typically has the topic or name of the page within the URL.
Keep these tips in mind when creating the different pages of your website. Friendly urls will attract more visitors and users, as these pages won’t appear suspicious.
The Importance of Website Pages’ Titles:
The title used for each page on a website is of utter importance for your website’s success. Keeping it simple and clear usually is the best route to go. Titles on different pages of a website should contain a keyword, which you know users are searching for …