Among many Photoshop skills, background removal is one of the most useful skills. With the help of this skill you don’t have to worry about blending backgrounds or sometimes you don’t have to bear extra expenses. It’s like you have taken an image in front of “Toyota” but with a little Photoshop edit it like you are standing in front of “Lamborghini”!! Depending on the complexity, there are some easy ways to remove background. We will talk about 3 simple but valuable tactics to perform the job.
The Background Eraser Tool: In Photoshop the Eraser tools are extremely popular among many designers. It’s quite simple and it’s hassle free removal option make things easy for working with different shade you need to cut out.
- Click on eraser tool, you will have three options. Please select the “Background Eraser Tool”
- So there brush option will appear and then adjust the size of the brush by increasing or decreasing the hardness
- The less the brush sizes the less harshness of background removal and will get slight fade into the subject of your image.
- Adjust tolerance in accordance with the strictness to remove the back image
- High tolerance will remove subject where selecting lower will allow more to work option to background of the selective image.
- Setting 15-20% mark for tolerance will give enough flexibility to maintain the subject and to remove the background.
- The circled black color of the cursor will let you to select your desired color.
- After selecting removal color move around the cursor to your targeted removal area to strain successfully.
- After erasing the critical part of your image to remove rest increase the brush size and drag the cursor.
The quick selection tools: To select faster this tool is yet another good option. It’s a good choice to set the perfect brush size.
- You can find this tool option just above the magic wand.
- After clicking brush size will appear just other tools. By pressing plus or minus sign you can increase and decrease the selection area of the image.
- Changing in between nodes like “add to” & “Subtract from” made the tool so authoritative.
- By dragging the range tool around, you will get a well outline of your targeted subject.
- To decrease the selection size of wanted portion of image use minus selection until you reach to a satisfactory level.
- To remove whole background use (CMD + DELETE) or (CTRL + DELETE) command.
Magic Wand Tool: This tool gives you the full controls about the range of pixels, color range and even you can add different colors to the selections. You can clearly define what need to cut and what you need to keep.
- You have to click on the background layer and option bar will appear.
- For starting value click Tolerance value to control the color range. (Select somewhere between 30 to 40)
- Anti-alias & Contiguous options need to be checked and Opacity will be 100%
- Expand and decreasing can be done by adjusting tolerance.