- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez brought a massive viewership of more than 400,000 people at once watching her play the video game Among Us on Twitch.
- The congresswoman from New York hopped on the video game streaming site late Tuesday night and was joined by fellow Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.
- AOC’s stream generated buzz on social media when she was revealed to be “the impostor” in the deductive reasoning game.
- Ocasio-Cortez began streaming on Twitch to get out the vote, inviting celebrities to sign on with her in a more casual setting.
- Her peak of somewhere over 438,000 viewers put her just out of the top five for most concurrent views on Twitch in its history, with her peak edging out NASA for the sixth spot.
When October comes, you can get jittery.
You stare at your phone and wonder whether it’s the best expression of who you are. Or, perhaps, of what you’ve become.
Cynically, smartphones makers know this. So they bombard you with their latest wares at your most vulnerable time.
Why, I look down at my black, somewhat scratched iPhone XR and I see a reflection of a dark, damaged soul.
And then there was last week’s iPhone 12 event which tantalized with a gamut of phones that all have very similar capabilities but very different sizes.
I went, therefore, for psychological guidance to the home of physical retail objectivity, Best Buy.
I hadn’t been to one for quite a while and I needed some cheery, forthright advice.
Now She Sees It, Now You Don’t.
I confess I’ve been teetering toward the concept