… Read More
- You can manage notifications on Signal to choose how you want your message alerts to look and sound.
- Signal is a secure, end-to-end encrypted messaging app that allows users to manage notifications in the desktop, Android, and iPhone apps.
Signal’s secure-messaging app has a number of useful features, such as the ability to customize message notifications — which, like Signal’s end-to-end encryption, can help protect your privacy. You can manage your notification settings on all versions of Signal: PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone.
Signal’s notification management settings are relatively extensive compared to some other messaging apps, but here’s a succinct guide to get you started.
How to manage notifications on Signal using the desktop app
1. Open the Signal app and sign in.
2. Click on your profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen, then click “Preferences.”
© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
3. Almost all of your notification
… Read More
- You can boost your Wi-Fi signal without replacing your router by first testing your internet speed and making sure the router’s firmware is up to date.
- If your Wi-Fi is slow or spotty, there are a lot of possible causes, such as your ISP, the router itself, your Wi-Fi settings, and obstacles in the house that block the signal.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Wi-Fi is a utility that’s as essential as water and electricity, but it can be far more unpredictable. Your Wi-Fi speed may vary dramatically from one day to the next, or simply never deliver the speeds promised by your internet service provider (ISP). There are so many confounding factors that it’s often hard to know how to boost your signal.
How to boost your Wi-Fi signal and internet speed
Before you switch ISPs or buy a new router, here are the most