When you are on the Internet, you cruise websites for certain kinds of information. You may know of a website that you are familiar with, or you may have to type in a keyword, to find the website that you need. No matter what website you find, the promise is the same, you find information on it and your browser displays this information. How does your browser know what to display? It goes by code. Your browser was created to recognize HTML (HyperText Markup Language). This is code is what the browser recognizes. When you type in the web address (URL) of the website you want to see, the browser finds the web page and reads the code associated with that page. It then displays the results on your screen.
HTML is basically a list of commands that tells your browser what to show on your monitor and where everything … Read More
Establishing and building an internet business is never an easy thing. Just like any type of business, it has its ups and downs. To help you get the most out of your online business, take note of the following internet business tips.
1) Choose the best online business for you. When looking for an opportunity, take into account your personal interests as well as the liability of the opportunity. It is best that you choose a business that you believe you will enjoy doing. This is where a lot of internet entrepreneurs make a mistake. They start a business that they hate doing although the profitability is high. They start out good but slowly peter out because they can no longer keep the pace. Do not make these people's mistakes.
2) Have a website. This is very important. No matter what kind of internet business you are eyeing, you still … Read More
Only you can answer that question about your own business. But in my opinion if you want to grow and prosper in today's competitive marketplace a well designed and marketed web presence is essential to your success.
Whether you are selling a product or service, whether you are large or small, whether you are well established or a new start-up, a website can be a very powerful tool on the road to achieving your business goals.
Here are some of the things a website can do for your business.
1. Reduce overall Advertising Costs.
Spending money in the traditional media such as Newspaper, Radio, Magazines, Billboards or Television can require an investment of hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars. The problem with these traditional methods are increasing segmentation, decreasing audience and in almost every case a finite lifespan in which to attract your customers. When you amortize the cost of … Read More
A website is very much like a house, it requires:
- Real estate or land, in the World Wild Web it's called web space or web hosting
- An address , called a domain name
- A house or other construction , called the Web Site or Pages
The Web Site ( construction ) is the part everyone can see at the designated address. The " Real estate " is totally invisible but it's size determines how big your website can be, how much content it can hold and deliver on the web.
- Domain names ( addresses ) are provided by "Registrars"
- Web Space is provided by "Hosting Services"
- For the website itself there are a multiple of option to choose from. The best solution depends on your needs. The most common are:
- Automatic Site Builders
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Website Templates
- HTML Editor Software
- Design and Programming Services
Very often you can … Read More