- Business Insider analyzed salary data Uber shared with the US government.
- Companies have to tell the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification how much they pay employees from outside the US to make sure they’re not offering below the market average.
- The positions included in this report have salaries ranging from $85,301 to $330,000.
- Are you a current or former Uber employee? Do you have an opinion about what it’s like to work there? Contact this reporter at [email protected], on Signal at 646-768-4712, or via his encrypted email address [email protected]
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Though Uber has gone through multiple rounds of layoffs in the past two years, its pay for some positions is competitive with many of the biggest Silicon Valley tech firms, according to data the ride-hailing firm has shared with the US government.
The US Office of Foreign Labor Certification requires companies to disclose compensation for permanent and temporary employees from outside the US to ensure the firms aren’t paying them less than what their peers make, on average. Uber’s filings give a sense of how much the company pays for some positions.
The salary data Business Insider analyzed is from 2020 and represents either an average or range among employees included in Uber’s disclosures.
Here’s what some Uber employees make each year:
- Business analyst: $94,500-$116,000
- Chief scientist: $330,000
- Data analyst: $101,411-$117,000
- Data-science manager: $192,705-$242,000
- Data scientist: $138,585-$149,163
- Engineering manager: $200,030-$221,880
- Network engineer: $134,721
- Operations manager: $85,301-$102,874
- Product analyst: $106,638-$130,125
- Product designer: $123,520
- Product manager: $134,675-$157,300
- Program manager: $100,433-$119,330
- Risk-strategy analyst: $129,214
- Security engineer: $150,750-$158,000
- Senior data analyst: $145,400
- Senior data scientist: $169,537
- Senior engineering manager: $228,771
- Senior information-security analyst: $182,000
- Senior operations manager: $137,822
- Senior product manager: $190,367-$207,650
- Senior program manager: $138,671-$143,910
- Senior security engineer: $219,636-$246,200
- Senior software engineer: $175,848-$241,310
- Senior systems engineer: $167,010-$190,000
- Software engineer: $136,941-$160,366
- Systems engineer: $128,343-$147,300
- Technical program manager: $163,700
Are you a current or former Uber employee? Do you have an opinion about what it’s like to work there? Contact this reporter at [email protected], on Signal at 646-768-4712, or via his encrypted email address [email protected]
Axel Springer, Insider Inc.’s parent company, is an investor in Uber.