If you want to know how to clean malware off your Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 computer, then keep reading …
Malware removers found online can repair your infected computer quite fast. If you fall into the unfortunate trap where your computer is really slow, freezing up, receiving endless pop-ups or lots of error messages there is a pretty good chance that you have been infected by malware. Malware is "Malicious software" which gets into your computer's hard drive without you knowing it and starts doing its damage.
Also referred to as simply a computer virus these software programs can do large amounts of damage and can ruin your computer losing all your important information. Usually entered into your system through a Trojan horse or a worm these viruses can make certain programs run incorrectly and in some cases crash your computer completely. Less severe cases put cookies on your web browser which attracts all those pop-up ads that are so very annoying. If you keep personal information or records on your computer the individuals who created the virus will be able to get to that information. Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in North America and largely due to malware infection.
You should not be afraid to use your computer and there are steps you can take to protect your computer and your personal information from these "malicious software" programs.
1. Be sure that all the computers you use are protected.
2. Be sure you have an internet security program installed and that it is running correctly. If you do not have one of these programs you can download many of them from internet websites online.
3. Be sure you do not click on any pop-ups, no matter what they are or who they appear to be from. Also do not open any emails you receive from person's unknown.
4. If your computer starts to show signs of infection, run an antivirus scan. Back up all important files onto a disc so you do not accidentally lose them.
5. Download and install a pop-up blocker and firewall protection.
6. If you notice your computer acting strangely use the system restore option to restore it to an earlier date.
7. Always remember that computer hackers are also extremely computer smart and they know what they are doing so never underestimate the damage they can cause.