ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL — With Tier 3 mitigations in the state set to go into effect Friday, the Arlington Heights Park District announced a number of changes and closures within operations and programming. The situation is fluid and can change at anytime. If and when there are changes, the Park District said in a press release it will provide updates.
- Golf Operations: Arlington Lakes Golf Club and Nickol Knoll Golf Club –Arlington Lakes Golf Club is open weather permitting. Nickol Knoll is closed weekdays and will open up on weekends weather permitting. Please check the website for updates www.ahpd.org/golf/. Golfers are encouraged to book tee time reservations online and view safety guidelines.
- Sunset Meadows Driving Range – The driving range is closed for the season.
- Facilities and Historical Museum – Community Centers and the Historical Museum are currently on an adaptive pause and will be reevaluated as mitigation guidelines are updated. These facilities are closed for programming at this time.
- Tennis Clubs – Tennis Clubs are open for restricted activities. Staff is seeking clarifications with guidance and will have updates on the district website by Thursday afternoon, Nov. 19 at www.ahpd.org/tennis/.
- Outdoor Tennis/Pickleball Courts – Are open with restrictions and depending on the weather. Playing singles is preferred, but not required.
- AHPD Programs – Programs are on an adaptive pause through Dec. 3. The District will continue offering programs virtually when able (i.e. dance classes). Supervisors will be communicating with participants on the status of classes and if a household credit needs to be issued.
- Arlington Heights Senior Center – The Arlington Athletic Club in the Senior Center is open for members with reservations. All other Senior Center programming, including Fun & Fit Fitness Classes, are on an adaptive pause. For information, call the Arlington Heights Park District Senior Center desk at 847-797-5341.
- Children At Play – Children at Play will resume when our area school districts are able to return to the traditional in-person learning schedule. In the interim, CAP PLUS is being offered while students are in remote & hybrid learning formats. During this recreational based program, students have time to log-in to their e-learning and will have opportunities to do crafts, play games, and finish homework assignments. Residents can learn more information about CAP PLUS at 847-577-3000.
- Indoor Gyms – Indoor gyms are closed at Camelot, Frontier, Pioneer, and Recreation.
- Preschool – Preschool classes will continue to meet in-person following all guidelines outlined by IDPH, the DCEO, and ISBE.
- Camelot Track – Is open on a limited schedule only when we have programming in the facility. Reservations are required.
- Canine Commons Dog Park – Canine Commons is open. Please wear a face covering at all times. See dog park guidelines: www.ahpd.org/facilities/canine-commons/.
- Arlington Ridge Center — ARC is open for fitness center, track use, and lap swimming. The district has had to pause group classes for both land and water exercise. The district is offering open work out sessions in the gym for individuals to use the bikes, rowers, and limited weights. There are group size limits to all activity sessions. Reservations are required. All current ARC memberships have been reactivated. Members have been communicated with several times in September and October about how to freeze or cancel their memberships. As the district evolves and updates its plans, they will share them with the community through their social media channels and website at www.ahpd.org/arc and Follow on Facebook @ARLINGTONRIDGECENTER; On Twitter and Instagram @arc_ahpd. Guest Services staff are available for in-person registration at Arlington Ridge Center 5:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday–Friday, and 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. They may also be reached by phone at 847-577-3025.
- Parks and Lake Arlington – All parks are open to take a walk, jog or run. Playgrounds are open. The Lake is currently open for biking, running, walking, fishing and privately owned boats with a lake sticker. The fitness area is also open.
- Park Shelter and Facility Rentals – The Park District is not accepting rentals at this time.
“We are in this together and everyone needs to do their part by complying with the Governor’s order,” the Arlington Heights Park District said in the release. “On behalf of the Board of Park Commissioners, and Staff, thank you for your patience and understanding.”