- A pair of pranksters have taken over the website domain ‘DonaldJTrump2024.com’ and given it subheadings which include ‘Trump Lost’ and ‘Trump is a loser.’
- The stunt was carried out by Jason Selvig and Davram Stiefler, who call themselves ‘The Good Liars,’ on Twitter.
- It comes days after Trump allowed the transition process to begin for President-elect Joe Biden, despite continuing to claim victory.
- President Trump is projected to have lost the election to Biden by 306 electoral college votes to 232.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Pranksters have claimed a website domain that could have been used by President Trump for a potential presidential run in 2024, plastering it with messages including one which reads “Trump lost the election.”
Comedy duo Jason Selvig and Davram Steifler, also known as “The Good Liars,” wrote on Twitter on Wednesday that they had claimed the domain name DonaldJTrump2024.com.
The website bears a passing resemblance to Trump’s legitimate website, DonaldJTrump.com, but is plastered with subheadings which mock Trump’s defeat in this year’s election.
One reads “Trump Lost,” another reads “Trump is a Loser,” and a third reads “Trump lost the election.”
—The Good Liars (@TheGoodLiars) November 24, 2020
The stunt comes as Bloomberg reports that Trump told aides ten days after the election, that he plans to run again in 2024.
Video: Biden team says first national security briefing could happen Monday (FOX News)
The president reportedly broke the news to National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien inside the Oval Office alongside Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence.
“If you do that and I think I speak for everybody in the room we’re with you 100%,” O’Brien reportedly responded, while both Pence and Pompeo remained silent.
Trump tweeted on Monday that he had instructed the General Services Administration to begin the process of transition to President-elect Biden’s incoming administration.
Trump’s decision to allow the transition to begin reportedly came after aides told him he did not formally have to concede defeat to Biden, and he subsequently tweeted that he would “never concede.”
President-elect Biden is projected to have won the election by 306 electoral college votes to Trump’s 232, making Trump the fourth president to lose re-election since the end of World War II.
He is also expected to have defeated Trump in the popular vote by a margin of more than 6 million.
The Good Liars have carried out political stunts before, switching the covers of Donald Trump Jr’s book “Triggered” for one reading “Daddy, Please Love Me” and interrupting events where the president was speaking.