Right now, there's definitely lots of information about SEO writing available in the online arena. Sadly, not all of them are factual. In fact, most of them are baseless and they are really confusing especially for people who are just starting out in this endeavor.
This is the reason why I am writing this article. Let me give you the right information to help you better understand what SEO writing is and what is not.
- It's not all about writing for search engines. Although the main goal in optimizing web content and articles is to secure better rankings on Google, SEO writing is not all about using keywords and optimizing your content. It's about striking a good balance between keyword usage and writing valuable content for your readers. You will not get the results that you're looking for even if your articles are properly optimized if online users consider them as garbage.
- Writing SEO articles does not automatically mean making money. Well, I am not referring to freelance SEO articles writers who can really make money by selling SEO articles to their clients. What I mean here is if you write your SEO articles and if you distribute them to directories, you will not automatically make money. These articles will not give you cash but they'll help in bringing traffic to your website. You will then need to convert these people to paying customers in order to make a sale and therefore, make money. So, do not be shocked when you're not making cash right after you've written and published SEO articles in the online arena.
- The rules of search engines can change. The rules of Google and other search engines when indexing web pages and articles can change any minute. What I mean is that what worked yesterday, might not work today. So, it's important that you always keep yourself abreast about these changes. Although search engines do not typically announce this, you can get updates by keeping in touch with other SEO experts. Just keep in mind that the main focus of search engines is to give online users valuable information and content related to their search. Keep this in mind and you'll certainly not get lost along the way.
- Using related keywords will help. Using latent semantic indexing technique will really help you secure better rankings for your web pages and articles. This is the process of identifying and using terms and phrases that are related to your primary keywords. These could just be synonyms. This will help you convince the search spiders that the keyword that you're targeting is really relevant to the content that you've written.
- Using more than keywords than what is allowed will not help. Overloading your articles and web pages with lots of keywords will not give you better chances of getting them to appear on top of relevant lists. The key here is moderation. The density of each keyword that you're using for each of your articles must not exceed 2%.