- Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) used to be an empty buzzword, until the killing of George Floyd and the coronavirus pandemic forced leaders to reckon with racial injustice in the US.
- Now, Americans want leaders to prioritize racial equity in the workplace.
- If you want to become a better manager, or set yourself up to become a leader within your company, it’s important to have an understanding of DEI.
- Here are six free online courses on DEI from places like the University of Virginia, and the University of Pittsburgh.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) have been buzzwords in business for years, with little results. That is, until the killing of George Floyd and a pandemic awoke leaders and the American public to massive racial injustice.
Now, more companies are hiring executives to lead the charge on DEI. Leaders are making huge financial commitments