- Allison Byers, CEO of Scroobious, a new video-pitching platform for entrepreneurs, shared with Business Insider the 10 most important elements of a startup pitch deck.
- She collected these elements from hundreds of pitch deck iterations and presentations and ran them by a large network of investors to get their insights.
- A good pitch deck should start with a concise mission statement or origin story, outline a problem, and offer a clear solution.
- Back up your proposal with market sizing, competitive analysis, and go-to-market and customer acquisition strategies.
- Investors will want to know more about you, so make sure to insert slides that detail your background and your team’s expertise and end with a thank you and your contact information.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
What do investors want to see in startup pitch decks? For founders seeking funding for their companies, that’s the million-dollar (or multimillion-dollar) question.