… Read More
- Some of the year’s major new tech products, from the 5G iPhone 12 to foldable phones and new consoles from Sony and Microsoft, are based on technologies that aren’t quite useful yet — but will be in a few years.
- Today’s widely delayed 5G networks, for example, aren’t much faster than 4G LTE networks.
- 5G was positioned as being the biggest upgrade in Apple’s iPhone 12 lineup.
- Foldable phones like the Microsoft Surface Duo and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 are still likely too expensive to justify the benefits they offer for most people.
- And next-generation gaming consoles rely on technology that most TVs don’t support right now.
- Taken together, these technologies are more significant for the foundation they lay for the years to come rather than their immediate usefulness.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The technology industry