- Silicon Valley’s workforce is reporting feeling more burned out than before the pandemic.
- A new survey from anonymous workplace chat app Blind found that 68% of tech workers feel more burned out than they did when they worked at an office.
- That number is higher than it was in February, when Blind found that 61% of professionals reported feeling burned out.
- While working remotely has alleviated some daily stressors like commuting, which can be particularly arduous in Silicon Valley, it’s added new stress like longer hours, less work-life balance, and video-chat-fatigue.
- “All of the issues that we’ve heard about really paint this broader picture of a more vulnerable population and more stressed population in our workforce than we had going into this pandemic,” Terri Patterson, a psychologist and principal at global risk consulting firm Control Risks, told Business Insider earlier this year.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.