- Billionaire investor Mike Novogratz won half a Bitcoin in an election bet over the weekend, but then hosted a lottery to hand it out to “new Bitcoiners.”
- Novogratz, the CEO and founder of crypto-focused merchant bank Galaxy Digital, was expecting Democrats to secure both the White House and the Congress.
- A Twitter user @Adelgary won the lottery, but others contested the outcome by claiming he already owns Bitcoin and isn’t new to the crypto world.
- Half a Bitcoin is currently worth $7,726.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Billionaire investor Mike Novogratz said he won half a Bitcoin in an election bet on Saturday, and gave it up in a self-hosted lottery to a Twitter user.
Half a Bitcoin is currently worth $7,726. Bitcoin has risen 10% in the past week, hitting $15,453 as of 10:20 am GMT on Monday. The price has gained almost 60% since