… Read More
Netflix has released its earnings report for the latest quarter, and despite the pandemic still keep people at home, user growth slowed down compared to previous financial periods. To help improve matters, Netflix has also confirmed a new promotion where anyone can watch Netflix’s content for free, but it appears this promotion may only be available in India.
Netflix added 2.2 million paid subscribers during the quarter, which is down sharply from 10.09 million subscribers added in the previous quarter and below Q3 2019, when Netflix got 6.8 million people to sign up for the streaming service. Netflix said it expected this downturn, and it pointed out that, for the first nine months of 2020, the company added 28.1 million paid memberships. For comparison, that number is greater than the total number of new subscribers for all of 2019 (27.8 million).
“In these challenging times, we’re dedicated to serving our
… Read More
- Netflix’s meteoric international subscriber growth in 2020 has started to slow, data from the analytics firm SimilarWeb that was shared exclusively with Business Insider suggests.
- SimilarWeb tracked traffic to and engagement on Netflix’s sign-up and cancellation pages outside the US and Canada to estimate the company’s international subscriber growth during the third quarter.
- The data suggested that while fewer people canceled their Netflix subscriptions, Netflix’s international subscriber growth also fell below the levels this time last year.
- Netflix, which reports earnings for its third quarter on October 20, said a slowdown in subscriber growth was coming after the pandemic drove record rises in subscribers during the first half of the year.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Netflix’s meteoric international subscriber growth in 2020 is starting to slow, data from the analytics firm SimilarWeb that was shared exclusively with Business Insider suggests.
Netflix broke its own records for subscriber